How Do You Shack Up?
Saturday, June 21st officially marks the First Day of Summer, a season more anticipated than usual after this year’s long winter!
As the weather heats up, so does the action in (and out!) of the bedroom. Warmer weather increases energy levels, boosts confidence and leads to an elated mood due to a hormonal response to the increase in sunlight – which tends to get people in the mood. The increased social activity, combined with a boost in hormones can lead to a flurry of summertime sex.
What’s your number? According to a national study conducted by Ansell, the makers of LifeStyles® SKYN® Condoms (“SKYN”), the majority of Americans reported that they have had 10 or less sexual partners in their lifetime. Recognized as one of the nation’s leading condom brands, Ansell is unveiling the results of the SKYN Sex Survey, which uncovers the habits, preferences and desires of sexually active individuals throughout the U.S.
“We are continuously searching for ways to make safe sex better sex and the best experience it can be,” says Carol Carrozza, VP of Sales & Marketing, North America for Ansell, the makers of SKYN. “By uncovering the sexual habits and desires of our consumers, we are able to tailor product innovations and new products to their needs and wants, giving our users the most advanced products possible to enhance their sex lives.”
The SKYN Sex Survey unveils discoveries regarding sexual satisfaction, including information about numbers of sexual partners, favorite positions, condom use, infidelity, fantasies, preferences and more. Some key findings from the survey showed that:
Condoms Instill Confidence: Sexually active individuals who report using condoms every time they have sex are nearly 10% more likely to rate their performance as ‘amazing’ in the bedroom than their condom-less counterparts.
What Are We? Males and Females may have a different take on their relationships. 64% of female respondents reported being in a “committed relationship,” while 66% of male respondents reported being in a “casual relationship or multiple relationships.”
Graduating to Adulthood: While there is certainly a flurry of sexual activity during the college years, most sex takes place after. 25.75% of 25-34 years old and 62% of 35-44 years old report having sex once a week or more, with just over half of the college-aged segment (18-24) reporting getting busy once a week or more.
Condom Use is Up: Condoms are regularly being incorporated into sexual activities, especially by younger, single or causally dating males and females, with 54% of 18-24 years old incorporating condoms into their sexual routine 20% or more often than any other item. And while there is still work to be done educating young people on the importance of condom use, 65% of 18-34 year olds did claim to have used a condom the first time they had sex.
A Faithful Nation: While the celebrity gossip pages may say otherwise, 88% of respondents report they have always been faithful with their current partner and only 1% report not being currently faithful.
V-Card: The majority of Americans (63%) loses his or her virginity between the ages of 15-19, with 25% of respondents reporting being 15 or younger.
On the Go: Over 60% of Americans reported having had sex in the car.
Sex vs. Tech: A staggering 43% of people claim they would give up sex for a year rather than give up the Internet.
In order to encourage consumer engagement and help condom users experience “the closest thing to wearing nothing®”, 25,000 samples of SKYN Original and SKYN Large will be given away via the LifeStyles Facebook page in honor of the SKYN Sex survey*.
Conducted by AMP Agency on behalf of LifeStyles SKYN Condoms, the survey targeted males and females between 18 – 64 years old, of all sexuality and relationship types, who were sexually active within the last year. The survey was conducted in August 2013. A total of 1116 respondents answered 64 questions and completed the survey in 15-20 minutes. The margin of error (MOE) for all respondents is +/-2.93% at a 95% confidence interval based on the principals of probability sampling theory reaching a nationally representative sample of the United States.
*Terms and conditions apply. See www.facebook.com/lifestylesUSA for details.
LifeStyles has an array of newly-launched products to help feverish summer sex partners stay safe while enhancing pleasure.
- Under the Sun: Did you know more women than men admit to having sex outside? 60% of female respondents say they have had sex outdoors, while 55% of the males have done the dirty deed outside.
- Sex is not just for the bedroom: Nearly 75% of Americans admit they have had sex in a hot tub or pool. In the car was another popular location (61%), and 51% admit to having sex at a friend or family member’s home or apartment.
- Spontaneity is the Spice of Life: 63% of females and 57% of males agree that spontaneous or unplanned sex is the occasion with the best sex.
- Public Encounters: 52% of females and 58% of males confess that they’d like to have sex in a public place, where other people could see them. 21% say they have actually done so.
- What Does Your Partner Really Want? Men are most interested in incorporating multiple partners in to the sex routine (27%), whereas women are most interested in incorporating massage oils (28%).
1. SKYN Intense Feel *just launched* – in May 2014, LifeStyles announced the expansion of its popular SKYN Condom Collection with the introduction of SKYN Intense Feel, the first-ever studded polyisoprene condom. With the introduction of SKYN Intense Feel, which features intensely deep studs in a unique wave-like pattern to stimulate sensitive areas, users will discover an even broader range of polyisoprene condoms created to fit their specific needs.
2. LifeStyles TURBO (Voted Best New Condom by Men’s Health in the 2013 Sex Awards) is lubricated inside and out with LifeStyles’ proprietary Excite sexual enhancement gel, a natural amino acid that has proven to enhance orgasms after multiple uses in 94% of women surveyed, TURBO is a category innovator that will help increase circulation by relaxing and dilating blood vessels to enhance blood flow. Unique in that it heightens sexual pleasure for both partners with Excite gel lubricating the inside and the outside of the condom, TURBO once again proves LifeStyles’ commitment to providing its consumers with the best products possible.
3. LifeStyles EverLast™ Intense – Designed to prolong him and stimulate her. 420 intense raised studs designed to stimulate her most sensitive areas for maximum pleasure. Studs are 25% larger in diameter and 100% deeper than traditional studded condoms. Long-lasting UltraGlide™ lubricant helps to keep the excitement going even longer – this smooth and silky UltraGlide™ lubricant won’t dry out. The EverLast Intense condom will also be featured in the new “Passion Pack,” a textured collection from LifeStyles. This new variety pack includes the LifeStyles 3SUM®, Vibra-Ribbed™, and EverLast™ Intense condoms.
4. KYNG Large condom is designed for the man who needs a larger condom than the standard size. A rebrand of the original KYNG design, KYNG Large is extra long and extra wide, featuring the brand’s most popular flared shape, which allows for a more personalized fit. Lubricated for maximum pleasure with a reservoir tip providing extra safety and comfort, KYNG Large highlights the features and benefits that are most important to users. The dynamic gold and black packaging features a subtle crown design, with a contemporary look that will stand out among the competition.
5. THINZ Extreme is a breakthrough in sensitivity. The new THINZ Extreme is 21% thinner than LifeStyles’ standard latex condoms and is the only thin condom on the market with extra lubricant added.
6. EPIC® is a new male sexual performance enhancer from LifeStyles. This fast-acting, quick-drying topical spray is designed for targeted delivery and application, and has proven to delay ejaculation by reducing the sensitivity of the penis. EPIC features patented DermaSys® technology, a highly efficient transdermal delivery system which optimizes topical delivery through a fast-acting, highly effective absorption process which prevents transferring effects to a partner. The unscented also spray contains the active ingredient Lidocaine, a widely-used mild anesthetic that starts working almost immediately following application. With EPIC, users are able to tailor the application amount to suit their preferences, unlike competing gels and oral medications. EPIC is condom compatible and meets the highest United States FDA requirements. EPIC is now available at a variety of big box retailers across the country. Products are also available at online retailers such as drugstore.com, soap.com and amazon.com.
7. LifeStyles® a:muse™ His & Hers Pleasure Massagers doubles the pleasure! Raised dots on ring and textured surface of fingertip massager add increased pleasure, and each vibrating device lasts up to 30 minutes.